YIELD: 12 servings
1 qt. halved or quartered fresh California strawberries
3 cups balsamic vinegar
¾ cup sugar
¼ cup dried cumin
¼ cup dried oregano
¼ cup seasoning salt
2 Tbsps. black pepper
12 (5 oz. each) skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1 cup plain yogurt
12 spinach wraps
10 oz. spring salad mix
2 avocados, peeled, pitted and thinly sliced into 36 slices
6 oz. alfalfa sprouts
1. In saucepan, cook half of the strawberries and all of the vinegar and sugar over medium-low heat until syrupy. Reserve.
2. Combine cumin, oregano, seasoning salt and pepper; sprinkle on chicken. Grill over gas or charcoal until done.
3. Lightly coat each chicken breast with strawberry sauce, reserving some sauce for later use. Refrigerate chicken until completely cooled.
4. Mix yogurt with 2 tsps. reserved strawberry sauce. Reserve chilled.
5. Per order: Slice 1 chicken breast. Lay 1 spinach wrap out on a clean work surface. Layer with some salad mix, sliced chicken, a few reserved strawberry halves or quarters, 3 slices avocado and ½ oz. sprouts. Add a drizzle of strawberry sauce. Tuck in ends and roll up. Cut wrap in half and place on plate. Garnish with more sauce and strawberries. Serve 1 ounce yogurt mixture on the side.
Recipe: Patria Maguire, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, for ARAMARK