YIELD: 2 servings
1½ Tbsps. diced red onion
1 oz. clarified butter 1
small red delicious apple, diced
1½ tsp. curry powder
Salt and pepper, as needed
½ cup apple juice
3 oz. heavy cream
4 oz. grilled boneless, skinless chicken breast, julienned
¾ cup green French lentils, cooked and chilled
4 Tbsps. mayonnaise
2 (12" each) flour tortillas
2 oz. shredded green-leaf lettuce
½ large (6×6) tomato, sliced
1 oz. red onion, julienned
1. Over high heat, sauté diced onion in butter for 30 seconds. Add apple and curry; continue to sauté for 1 minute or until apple caramelizes. Season with salt and pepper. Deglaze mixture with apple juice and reduce by ¾.
2. Add cream and reduce by half.
3. Remove from heat. Add chicken and lentils. Blend well and allow to cool. (The apple should still be crunchy.)
4. Blend mayonnaise into the mixture.
5. Lay tortillas out on a clean work surface. Divide the onion/apple mixture, lettuce, tomato and onion juliennes evenly between the two tortillas and wrap each up. Slice each wrap in half and serve 2 halves per portion.
Photo and recipe: Scott Rattan, Capital University, Columbus, OH, for Parkhurst Dining Services, Inc.