YIELD: 12 servings
12 4-oz. chicken breast fillets
11⁄2 cups olive oil
11⁄2 cups lime juice, fresh
1 cup honey
11⁄2 cups cilantro, fresh, minced
4 tsps. chili powder
4 tsps. salt
4 tsps. black pepper, coarse
12 cups Mexican rice mix, prepared according to package directions.
12 cilantro sprigs, fresh
1. Place chicken in full-size steam table pan.
2. Prepare marinade: combine olive oil, lime juice, honey, minced cilantro, chili powder, salt and black pepper; mix thoroughly. Pour marinade over chicken. Cover and let marinate for 2 hours below 40°F.
3. Remove chicken from marinade and char-grill over medium heat for 6 to 8 minutes on each side, or until chicken is no longer pink. Or, grill on oiled, preheated flattop griddle at 350°F for 6 to 8 minutes on each side. Remove chicken from grill. Keep warm above 140°F.
4. Per single serving: Portion 1 cup rice on plate. Top with 1 chicken breast fillet and garnish with 1 cilantro sprig.
5. Serve with commercially prepared pico do gallo.
Recipe from Elizabeth Boone, Bedford Medical Center, Bedford, OH.