YIELD: 24 SANDWICHES
2 lbs. 8 oz. chicken breast
1 cup 2 Tbsps. mayonnaise
1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
¾ tsp. curry powder
14 oz. red apples, diced ¼"
11 oz. red seedless grapes, halved
6 oz. celery, diced ¼", blanched
4½ oz. almonds, sliced, toasted
12 oz. spring mix
24 wheat pitas, 6 or 7", pocket-less
1. Steam or poach chicken until internal temperature reaches 165°F. Cool quickly to 40°F or below.
2. Dice chicken into ½" cubes. Hold refrigerated at 40°F or below for use within 72 hours.;
3. In a large bowl blend together mayonnaise, mustard and curry powder.
4. In a large bowl combine cooled, diced chicken, apples, grapes, celery and almonds.
5. Fold mayonnaise mixture into chicken mixture. Be careful not to break up the chicken.
1. Place ½ oz. spring mix in pita, top with a #8 scoop (½ cup) chicken salad.
2. Fold pita over to close and secure with large toothpick.
3. Serve immediately or hold refrigerated at 40°F or below for same-day service.
Photo and recipe: Sodexo