YIELD 24 SERVINGS
3 cups tequila
1½ cups lime juice
2 Tbsps. garlic, minced
3 Tbsps. cilantro, freeze dried
2 Tbsps. jalapeno pepper, minced
2 Tbsps. chili powder, light
⅓ cup sugar
2 cups vegetable oil
24 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, 7 oz., cut into 1½" cubes
48 1½" cubes cut from orange bell peppers, seeded
48 lime wheels
48 1½" cubes of pineapple
48 grapefruit wedges
⅓ cup vegetable oil
¼ cup Montreal Chicken Seasoning by Grill Mates
¼ cup Lawry's Lemon, Basil & Thyme Key West Style Seasoning
1. For the tequila-lime marinade: Combine tequila, lime juice, garlic, cilantro, jalapeno, chili powder, sugar and oil. Mix well to allow flavors to blend.
2. For kabobs: combine marinade with chicken breast cubes. Marinate for at least 2 hours, or up to 12 hours.
3. Thread 2 skewers per serving in the following order: chicken, bell pepper, chicken, lime wheel, chicken, pineapple, chicken, grapefruit wedge.
4. Brush each skewer with vegetable oil and sprinkle with ¼ tsp. of both seasonings.
5. Grill over medium-high heat for 7 to 10 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
Photo and recipe: McCormick for Chefs