¼ cup olive oil
12 (6 lbs.) chicken breasts, boneless
3 onions, sliced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 Tbsp. paprika
¾ tsp. ground ginger
½ tsp. ground black pepper
24 oz. chicken broth
3 preserved salted lemons
¾ cup Spanish olives
¾ cup cilantro leaves
1. Heat oil in large sauté pan. Brown chicken on both sides; do not cook through. Remove from pan.
2. Saute onion and garlic in pan drippings just until onions are softened.
3. Stir in paprika, ginger and pepper; cook 1 minute.
4. Add broth and deglaze pan.
5. Rinse and separate lemons into pieces. Remove pulp from peel; add peel to skillet. Bring to a simmer then transfer mixture into large roasting pan.
6. Place chicken, olives and half the cilantro over lemon-onion mixture. Cover and back at 350°F for 20-30 minutes or until internal temperature of chicken is 170°F. Stir in remaining cilantro.
Photo and recipe: Sunkist Growers