YIELD: 1 burger
For jalapeno hollandaise sauce:
2 Tbsps. minced shallots
1 tsp. cracked black peppercorns
3 oz. white balsamic vinegar
¼ cup water
4 egg yolks, fresh or pasteurized
1 Tbsps. lemon juice
1 lb. butter, cut into 1” cubes
sea salt, to taste
white pepper, to taste
hot sauce, to taste
4 Tbsps. fresh jalapenos, finely diced
For pico de gallo:
2 small bunches, green onions (white and green parts), ¼” dice
2 Tbsps. fresh lime juice
4 fresh plum tomatoes, ripe, 1/4” dice
1 clove garlic, minced
1 jalapeno, seeds removed, chopped fine
½ bunch cilantro, large stems removed, chopped fine
salt and pepper, to taste
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. hot sauce
1 brioche roll or bagel
2 Tbsps. fresh butter, soft
4 oz. shredded cheddar
1 oz. sautéed onions, golden brown
1 (4 oz.) turkey burger
1 poached egg
3 oz. pico de gallo
3 oz. jalapeno hollandaise sauce
baby arugula, as needed
grape tomatoes, as needed
1. For hollandaise: Combine the shallots, peppercorns and vinegar in small non-reactive saucepan and reduce over medium heat until nearly dry.
2. Add water to reduction and strain into stainless steel bowl. Add egg yolks, lemon juice, cubed butter, salt, pepper and hot sauce. Place bowl over simmering water, heating and whisking constantly until sauce thickens and forms a ribbon. Adjust seasoning and add diced jalapenos. Sauce is ready to serve and may be held for one hour.
3. For pico de gallo: Combine all pico ingredients and blend well. Adjust seasonings.
4. For assembly: Brush both sides of brioche roll or bagel with soft butter, then toast. Spread with shredded cheddar and top with sautéed onions.
5. Cook/grill turkey burger and stack onto roll or bagel. Place poached egg over burger. Layer pico de gallo and hollandaise over egg and top sandwich with remaining roll or bagel half. Garnish with baby arugula and grape tomatoes.