Red Pepper Corn Relish:
¼ cup cider vinegar
1 Tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. kosher salt
½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
½ cup salad oil
2 medium Roma tomatoes, seeded, minced
2 cups red bell pepper, seeded, minced
1 cup cooked corn, well drained
4 cups cooked turkey, dark meat, cut in medium to small cubes
3 cups cooked potatoes, small dice
⅓ cup ketchup
1½ tsps. kosher salt
1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp. dried thyme
1 tsp. unsalted butter
1 tsp. olive oil
2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
10 large eggs
½ cup heavy cream
1 tsp. salt
½ tsp. freshly ground pepper
2 large Roma tomatoes, seeded, diced
¼ cup green onions, minced
As needed sour cream
1. For the relish: Whisk together the vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper. Whisk in the oil.
2. In a separate large bowl, combine tomatoes, red pepper and corn.
3. Pour the vinegar mixture over the vegetables. Adjust for seasonings. Cover and hold for service.
4. For the hash: Mix turkey, potatoes, ketchup, salt, pepper and thyme together. Cover, refrigerate and hold for up to one day in advance.
5. Heat butter and oil in an 8 to 9" heavy oven-safe skillet.
6. Add turkey hash and press down with a spatula. Fry for 3 to 4 minutes to brown the bottom.
7. Sprinkle cheese atop the cooked turkey hash.
8. For the frittata: Whisk eggs and cream together for 2-3 minutes until well blended. Add salt, pepper, tomatoes and onions.
9. Pour egg mixture on top of the turkey hash.
10. Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 20 minutes or until the top has just set. Let stand for 10 minutes. Slide onto a service platter and cut into wedges.
11. Serve wedges with sour cream and Red Pepper Corn Relish.
Recipe and photo: National Turkey Federation