YIELD: 12 PORTIONS
3 Tbsps. lime juice
3 Tbsps. chopped red onion
4 tsps. Southwest seasoning
1 Tbsp. finely chopped garlic
Salt, to taste
Hot sauce, to taste
4 (about 2 lbs.) large boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
9 slices bacon, cooked crisp, crumbled
1½ cups chopped green bell pepper
1½ cups seeded, chopped tomato
1½ cups fresh corn kernels
3 Tbsps. chopped fresh cilantro
¾ cup blue cheese dressing*
12 (10”) flour tortillas
3 (about 1 ½ lbs.) ripe avocados
1. Preheat grill or broiler. In a bowl, combine lime juice, onion, Southwest seasoning, garlic, salt and hot sauce. Add chicken breasts; toss until coated.
2. Grill chicken, turning once, until cooked through, about 10 minutes. Cool to room temperature; cut lengthwise into ½" thick strips.
3. In a bowl, combine chicken, bacon, bell pepper, tomato, corn and cilantro. Stir in blue cheese dressing.
4. Cut avocados lengthwise in halves; twist to separate; remove pits by striking lightly with a knife blade and twisting; with a spoon, scoop avocado from shells. Cut halves into thin slices.
5. To assemble wraps: Spoon chicken mixture down center of tortillas, dividing evenly. Arrange avocado slices on top. Fold over one end of a tortilla and, starting with adjacent side, roll up tightly; cut diagonally in half and place seam side down on a place. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
*Mix in up to 50% cream cheese to the dressing if a thicker consistency is desired
Recipe: Daniel Pliska, University of Missouri-Columbia
Photo: Avocados from Mexico