YIELD: 10 servings
61/2 cups prepared beef gravy
4 cups prepared pot roast
4 cups fresh new potatoes, quartered
3 cups button mushrooms, halved
2 cups baby carrots, peeled and sliced
1-1/4 cups frozen pearl onions
1/4 cup garlic cloves
2 Tbsps. fresh thyme leaves, chopped
1 Tbsp. kosher salt
1/2 Tbsp. black pepper, coarse grind
31/3 cups Burgundy wine
4 Tbsps. cornstarch
10 each frozen, prepared puff pastry sheets, thawed
2 each eggs, beaten
1 Tbsp. water
10 sprigs fresh thyme
- Combine gravy, pot roast, potatoes, mushrooms, carrots, onions, garlic, chopped thyme, salt and pepper in stockpot over mediumhigh heat.
- Combine wine and cornstarch; whisk to blend. Add to stockpot; stir well and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; keep warm.
- To assemble single serving, portion 13/4 cups beef mixture into individual casserole dish. Seal closed with puff pastry. Pierce dough several times to vent.
- Combine eggs and water; whisk to blend. Brush surface of pastry with egg wash.
- Bake individual pot pies in preheated oven at 400°F for 25 to 30 minutes or until pastry is golden brown. Garnish with thyme sprigs.
Recipe and photo from Tyson Foods, Inc.