YIELD: 5 lb.s
4 lbs. chicken tenders
2 lbs. pretzels
1 lb. panko bread crumbs
1 cup all-purpose flour
½ tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. chopped parsley
2 Tbsps. extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper, to taste
- Remove tendon from chicken tender and chop chicken into desired size.
- In a food processor, pulse pretzels, panko breadcrumbs, flour, garlic powder, salt, pepper and parsley until well mixed and pretzels are pulverized.
- Spread breading mixture on sheet pan and bake in 350°F oven for 10 minutes or until breading mixture is golden brown. Let cool.
- Toss chicken chunks with olive oil and salt and pepper (to season), roll in pretzel-breadcrumbs until well coated. Shake off excess and place on sheet pan, not touching.
- Bake at 350°F for about 15 minutes or until thermometer reads 165°F.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Chef’s Note: This recipe is perfect for serving those who have egg allergies, but it works better if you use the standard breading procedure of flour, egg wash, then the pretzel-breadcrumbs. You can also toss the chicken with spicy mustard, then the pretzel-breadcrumbs.
RECIPE: Jarrod McCarthy, Metz Culinary Management, General Manager, Old Trail School, Bath, OH