Yield: 12 servings
5 lbs. ground turkey
olive oil, as needed
5 Tbsps. Worchestershire sauce
1 Tbsp. cayenne pepper
Salt and pepper to taste
1 red onion, diced
3 Tbsps. chopped garlic
1 yellow pepper, diced
1 green pepper, diced
2 red peppers, diced
1 orange pepper, diced
3, 40 oz. cans great northern beans
6, 14 oz. cans chopped tomatoes with chilipeppers
1 small can tomato paste
3 11oz. cans sweet corn
4 Tbsps. jalapeno peppers, chopped
1 bunch parsley, chopped
1 bunch cilantro, chopped
1 cup pignoli nuts
1 cup shredded Parmesan Reggianno
- Sauté turkey meat in 5 Tbsps. olive oil and the Worchestershire sauce, cayenne pepper and salt and pepper. Cook completely and set aside.
- Sauté onion, garlic and peppers in olive oil until glazed. Add to meat mixture, gently simmer.
- Add beans, tomatoes, corn and jalapenos.
- Mix in parsley, cilantro, pignoli nuts and shredded cheese.
- Simmer on low heat for 1 hour. Serve.
Recipe from Marilyn Howell, RD LDN, Nutrition Services Manager, Masonic Villages in Elizabethtown, PA from its in-house “Let Your Talent Show”chili (and cookie baking) contest, 2007.