12 oz. olive oil
4 oz. white vinegar
3 oz. balsamic vinegar
2 Tbsps. fresh lemon juice
4 cloves garlic, chopped
12 leaves basil, chopped
½ tsp. fresh oregano, chopped
2 Tbsps. fresh parsley, chopped
½ tsp. fresh ground black pepper
½ tsp. salt
2 fresh eggplant, skinned and sliced into 1/3” thickness
2 squash, sliced to ¼” thickness
4 red peppers, sliced to 1” strips
4 green peppers, sliced to 1” strips
4 yellow peppers, sliced to 1” strips
2 red onions, sliced to ½” thickness
6 medium portabella mushrooms, stems removed and cleaned
1 lb. Feta cheese, crumbled
2 cups Greek olives
6 lbs. potatoes
2 medium fresh tomatoes, roughly chopped
- For the herbed vinaigrette: Mix all vinaigrette ingredients and whisk well. Set aside.
- Marinate eggplant, squash, peppers, onion and mushrooms in ½ the prepared vinaigrette for 2 hours.
- Wash and steam potatoes. Let cool. When potatoes are cooled, cut into 1/8” thick slices. Toss potatoes in remaining vinaigrette. Refrigerate.
- Drain vegetables (save vinaigrette) and grill until tender, let cool. Cut grilled mushrooms into strips.
- In large glass bowl, place ¾ of sliced potatoes, ¼ of grilled vegetables, ¼ of the cheese and ¼ of the black olives. Repeat process 3 more times to create a layering effect.
- Pour reserved vinaigrette over salad and garnish with sprigs of fresh oregano, feta cheese and diced tomatoes.