YIELD: 25 servings
|2 lbs., 6 oz. flour|
|2½ Tbsps.||baking powder|
|½ Tbsp.||baking soda|
|2 lbs.||heavy cream|
|fresh strawberries as needed|
|commercial strawberry purée as needed|
|mint chantilly cream as needed|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Add all dry ingredients to a mixing bowl and paddle together.
3. Cut butter into cubes and add to the dry ingredients. When the mixture reaches an even, crumbly stage, add cream. Mix the dough until the cream is thoroughly incorporated.
4. Roll out the dough to ¼-in. thick. Cut rounds from dough.
5. Bake on a sheet tray until golden brown. Reserve.
6. Clean strawberries. Cut off tops and quarter. Mix with strawberry purée. Reserve.
7. Per portion: Serve biscuit with strawberry/purée mixture and mint chantilly cream.
Recipe by Simon Stevenson, pastry chef, UMass-Amherst