YIELD: 2 large servings
2 bunches dino/lacinato kale
1/2 tsp pink himalayan salt
1/4 cup raw soaked (8 hours) almonds
1/4 cup raw soaked (8 hours) pumpkin seeds
1/4 small red onion
1 Tbsp olive oil
1.5 tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 tsp raw apple cider vinegar
1 tsp fennel seeds, ground
1/4 tsp ground coriander
1. De-stem and chop kale. Wash and salad spin to dry.
2. Add salt to kale and massage for about 30 seconds - 1 minute until kale begins to wilt.
3. Drain and rinse almonds. Chop coarsely and add to kale.
4. Drain and rinse pumpkin seeds. Add to kale.
5. Peel the onion and thinly slice. Add to kale.
6. Mix oil, lemon juice, vinegar, fennel, and coriander with a whisk. Add to kale.
7. Stir to combine.
Recipe: Denise Hicks