For the baguette croutons:
24 thin slices of 2” diameter baguette melted butter, as needed
For the roasted cherry tomatoes: 2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half 1 Tbsp. olive oil
For the lemon aioli:
1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
21⁄2 fresh avocados
1⁄2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
4 slices crisp cooked bacon, cut into thin strips 1 cup micro sprouts or micro greens
1⁄4 cup basil pesto (thin consistency)
1. For the croutons: Brush one side of the baguette slices with melted butter. Bake at 375°F until lightly toasted, about 15 minutes. Cool.
2. For the roasted tomatoes: Slice tomatoes in half and toss with olive oil. Roast at 400°F until lightly browned, about 15-20 minutes. Cool.
3. For the aioli: Mix together mayonnaise and lemon juice.
4. For the club: Coarsely mash the avocado and mix it with the fresh lemon juice.
5. Top each crouton with 1 Tbsp. of the mashed avocado mixture. Top with 2 thin strips of bacon, micro sprouts, lemon aioli and roasted cherry tomatoes. Drizzle with pesto. Serve immediately.
Photo and recipe: California Avocado Commission