YIELD: 12 SERVINGS
1½ lbs. fresh grape tomatoes, halved
¼ cup olive oil
⅛ cup chiffonade fresh basil
Kosher salt and course-ground black pepper, as needed
12 5-oz. frozen pizza-dough dough balls
Olive oil, as needed
Cornmeal or flour as needed
12 oz. mozzarella cheese, shredded
12 oz. applewood-smoked bacon, diced, cooked crisp
1. For the seasoned tomatoes: In a bowl, combine grape-tomato halves, oil and basil, with salt and pepper to taste. Toss to blend. Cover and chill to hold.
2. Prior to use, place frozen pizza-dough balls in an oiled container. Cover tightly and slack overnight in the cooler between 32° F and 36°F.
3. Remove dough balls from the cooler and allow to reach room temperature (65°F to 70°F).
4. Roll each dough ball into a 6" circle, ¼" thick. Dock to prevent bubbles.
5. Oil a sheet pan and dust lightly with cornmeal or flour. Place dough circles on the pan, cover and chill below 40°F to hold.
6. Per order: Grill 1 pizza crust over medium-high heat for 45 to 60 seconds on each side, or until lightly grill-marked.
7. Place the crust on a flat work surface and brush the top lightly with olive oil. Sprinkle ½ ounce cheese evenly over the crust, then top with 2 ounces seasoned tomato, 1 ounce bacon and an additional ½ ounce cheese. Bake in a 450°F convection oven for 4 to 5 minutes or until the crust is golden and cheese is melted. Slice into squares and arrange on a plate.
Recipe and photo: Bonici® -The Pizza Brand from Tyson Food Service