YIELD: 4 12" pizzas1 lb., 8 oz. grilled boneless chicken breast meat, cut into ⅜" dice or shredded
Spicy Honey Pizza Sauce (recipe follows)
4 unbaked thin pizza dough shells, 12" in diameter
¼ cup olive oil, divided
2 ¼ cups blue cheese, finely crumbled
2 cups celery, chopped chopped parsley, as needed
1. Mix chicken with one cup sauce; reserve.
2. Brush 1 pizza shell with 1 Tbsp. olive oil.
3. Spread ¾ cup sauce over pizza.
4. Scatter 1 cup chicken over sauce.
5. Bake at 500°F until lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
6. Sprinkle pizza with ¾ cup cheese, then ½ cup celery.
7. Sprinkle with parsley.
8.Cut pizza into 6 wedges.
Note: To serve by the slice, prepare pizzas through step 4. Heat slices as needed in a hot oven, then garnish with cheese and celery.
SPICY HONEY PIZZA SAUCE
YIELD: 1 quart3 cups tomato-based pizza sauce
1 cup honey
2 tsps. hot pepper sauce, or to taste
Heat pizza sauce with honey. Remove from heat; stir in hot pepper sauce.
Photo and recipe: National Honey Board