YIELD: 8 portions2 Tbsps. olive oil
2 cups thinly sliced onion
1 tsp. honey
1 lb. prepared pizza dough
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
½ ripe pear, sliced
2 oz. prosciutto di Parma, cut into 1" strips
Watercress leaves for garnish, if desired
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Lightly grease baking sheet.
2. Heat large skillet over high heat, add oil. Add onion; reduce heat to medium. Cook, stirring frequently until onions are very tender and well browned, about 30 minutes. Stir in honey.
3. Roll out pizza dough on baking sheet; press to make 7×13" rectangle. Sprinkle with mozzarella and gorgonzola.
4. Bake in upper third of oven 10 minutes. Remove from oven; spread onion over cheeses; top with pear slices; return to oven until hot, about 1 minute.
5. Top with prosciutto strips. Garnish with watercress leaves, if desired. Serve immediately.
Photo and recipe: Chef Patrick Nuti for the Consorzio del Prosicutto di Parma