YIELD: 24 WRAPS
Cilantro Lime Sour Cream:
4 cups sour cream
½ cup lime juice
¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro (loosely packed)
1 Tbsp. grated lime zest.
Quick Mole Sauce:
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1 cup chopped onion
1 Tbsp. chopped garlic
2 Tbsps. tomato paste
1 Tbsp. dried ancho chili powder
1 tsp. ground cumin
1¾ cups tomato sauce
1¾ cups water
1 cup smooth peanut butter
1 disk Ibarra or other Mexican drinking chocolate, chopped (3.1 oz)
2 lbs. finely shredded white cabbage (about 16 cups)
1 lb. green leaf lettuce sliced into chiffonade (about 16 cups)
2½ lbs. green or red California seedless grapes, sliced or halved
1 cup sliced green onions
16 extra large flour tortillas
4 cups quick Mole sauce
4 lbs. roasted turkey breast, sliced or shredded
3 cups cilantro lime sour cream
1. For the sour cream: Whisk together all ingredients and store in the refrigerator.
2. For the mole: Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until tender and golden brown, about 10 minutes. Stir in the tomato paste, chili powder and cumin. Add the tomato sauce and water and simmer for 10 minutes more. Cool slightly.
3. Place the peanut butter and chopped chocolate in the jar of blender with half of the sauce. Blend, then gradually add the remaining warm sauce, scraping down the sides of the blender as needed until the sauce is smooth. Store in a covered container in the refrigerator for no longer than 1 week.
4. For sandwiches: In a large bowl, combine the shredded cabbage, lettuce, grapes and green onions. Set aside or chill until ready to use.
5. On each tortilla, spread ¼ cup of the Quick Mole Sauce.
6. Arrange the turkey in a strip in the middle of the tortilla and dollop with three tablespoons of the Cilantro Lime Sour Cream.
7. Top with two cups of the cabbage, lettuce, grape and green onion salad and wrap tightly as a burrito. Serve immediately.
Recipe and photo: California Table Grapes