4 each Alaska rockfish, skinless 4oz. fillets
1 tsp. coriander seed
1 tsp. sesame seed
1 tsp. cumin seed
1 tsp. pepper, black, ground
1 tsp. fennel seed
1 Tbsp. almonds, dry roasted
1 tsp. salt, kosher
1 Tbps. oil, olive
1 each foil, aluminum, 12”x12” sheet
1 Tbps. oil, vegetable
2 cups eggplant, Japanese, cubed
4 each tomatoes, quartered
1 cup chickpeas, cooked, rinsed
4 cloves garlic, sliced
¼ cup parsley, fresh, leaves
1 each emon, sliced
4 each pita, whole wheat, 4-inch, toasted
1. Preheat large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
2. Place coriander, sesame, cumin, pepper, fennel, almonds, and salt into spice grinder and pulse until slightly textured mixture forms.
3. In a bowl, mix olive oil and seasonings and coat fillets with seasoning mixture.
4. Add seasoned fillets to sauté pan and cook approximately 2-3 minutes each side.
5. Remove fillets from pan and reserve with aluminum foil loosely place atop to keep warm.
6. Increase heat of sauté and add vegetable oil, eggplant, tomatoes, chickpeas, and garlic.
7. Sauté until color develops on eggplant and tomatoes slightly begin to break down.
8. Serve fillet atop vegetables and garnish with lemon, parsley and toasted pita.
Photo and recipe: Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute