YIELD: 12 SKEWERS
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
½ tsp. chopped fresh rosemary
¼ tsp. salt
plenty of freshly ground black pepper
4 Tbsps. olive oil
For the skewers:
24 peeled and deveined shrimp (31-40 size)
1 8 oz. jar cocktail onions
¾ lb. red or black seedless grapes
3 oz. prosciutto, each piece sliced into long ribbons
1. For the marinade: whisk together garlic, vinegar, rosemary, salt and pepper and gradually add the oil.
2. Soak long bamboo skewers in water for at least 5 minutes.
3. Thread skewers with shrimp (2 each), grapes (6) and onions (2), with a ribbon of prosciutto winding throughout. Place the finished skewers in a shallow dish or plate.
4. Evenly dab on half of the marinade with a brush. Let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes and then brush with the remaining marinade.
5. Grill for about 2 minutes a side. Serve immediately.
Photo and recipe: California Table Grape Commission