YIELD: 6 servings
6 tilapia fillets, 4-5 oz.
½ cup grape tomatoes
¼ cup thinly shaved red onions
1½ cups fresh green beans
¼ cup Kalamata olives
2 lemons, sliced paper thin
¼ cup fresh oregano (do not use dried)
2 oz. capers
2 Tbsps. extra virgin olive oil
2 Tbsps. white wine (can substitute lemon juice or chicken or vegetable stock)
½ tsp. ground black pepper
1. Gather all ingredients before starting. Blanch green beans: cook in boiling water for about 2 minutes, then cool in ice water to stop cooking. They should be bright green in color.
2. Halve the grape tomatoes and olives, and slice lemon into paper-thin slices. Pick oregano leaves off stems.
3. Cut a piece of parchment paper into a heart or shield shape. Place tilapia towards the center, top with lemon juice and remaining ingredients. (Lastly, drizzle with olive oil, then wine, then sprinkle with black pepper).
4. Fold the paper around the fish to form a tightly sealed package.
5. Place on a sheet pan bake in 375°F oven for 12 minutes. When you pull it out, the paper will look burnt; don’t worry, the fish will not be burnt.
6. Open the paper, carefully slide onto dish, pouring remaining juices over the fish.
Photo and recipe: Ryan Conklin, executive chef, Culinary & Nutritional Services, Rex Health