YIELD: 6 servings
2 lbs. pollock
2 Tbsps. capers
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
2 oz. green olives, pimiento-stuffed, drained
1 large onion, chopped
2 Tbsps. vegetable oil
28 oz. tomatoes, whole, canned, drained and chopped
1⁄2 tsp. salt
1⁄8 tsp. pepper
1. If fish fillets are large, cut into serving pieces.
2. Arrange fish in lighly oiled oblong baking dish, 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in.
3. Sprinkle with capers, lemon juice and olives.
4. Heat oven to 350°F. Cook and stir onion and garlic in oil in skillet over medium heat until onion is tender; add tomatoes, salt and pepper.
5. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes.
6. Spoon tomato mixture evenly over fish.
7. Bake uncovered until fish flakes easy with fork, 25-30 minutes.
8. Serve with lemon wedges if desired.
Recipe from Joe Martinez, director of foodservice, Thomason Hospital, El Paso, TX.