YIELD: 48 servings
1 Tbsp. canola oil
2 green onions, thinly sliced
2 Tbsps. ginger, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp. garlic chili sauce
½ lb. extra lean ground pork
½ lb. peeled, deveined raw shrimp, chopped
1 cup walnuts, chopped
2 Tbsps. soy sauce
2 tsps. sesame oil
48 dumpling wrappers
1 cup water
1. In large skillet, heat canola oil over medium-high heat. Cook green onions, ginger, garlic and chili sauce about 2 minutes, or until fragrant but not browned. Let cool.
2. In large bowl, combine pork, shrimp, walnuts, soy sauce, sesame oil and onion mixture until well blended.
3. Working with 1 dumpling wrapper at a time, place rounded Tbsp. of pork and walnut mixture in center of each wrapper. Moisten edges of wrapper with water. Fold in half, pinching edges together in small pleats to seal.
4. Place finished dumplings on parchment-lined baking sheet; cover with plastic wrap to prevent drying. Spray skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Arrange as many dumplings as will fit in single layer on bottom of pan.
5. Cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until undersides are deep gold. Add water to pan; partially cover and cook until bottoms are crisp and water is evaporated.
6. Transfer to platter and serve with dipping sauce.