YIELD: 4 servings
8 Swiss chard leaves
4 skinless Alaska Rockfish fillets (4 oz. each), fresh or thawed
20 bamboo skewers (6-inches in length)
1 tsp. kosher salt
1 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. ground nutmeg
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 red onion, sliced
1 red pepper, sliced
1 tsp. sesame seeds
3 cups cooked brown rice
1-1/2 cups Greek yogurt (2% fat)
1 cup cucumber, seeded and diced
1 Tbsp. fresh dill leaves
juice of 1 medium lime
1. Bring a pot of water to boil. When boiling, submerge chard leaves for 5 seconds, then transfer leaves to a bowl of ice water. When chilled, remove leaves from ice water and pat dry with clean paper towels.
2. Fill a saucepan with approximately one inch of water to prepare for steamer basket; bring water to a boil. Check water level periodically; add water as needed to maintain depth throughout preparation.
3. Wrap each Alaska Rockfish fillet tightly in two chard leaves. Place 5 skewers evenly into the side of the fillets, then cut the fillets into five portions in between the skewers. Season each skewer with mixture of salt, pepper, cinnamon and nutmeg. Place skewers inside a bamboo steamer; place steamer over boiling water and cook just until fish is opaque throughout, approximately 7 to 10 minutes. Remove steamer from saucepan.
4. Empty saucepan and return to heat; add olive oil. Sauté onions and peppers, finishing with sesame seeds. Mix yogurt, cucumber, dill and lime juice to prepare sauce; reserve in serving bowl.
5. To serve, arrange steamer basket, sauce, rice and vegetables on a platter.
Photo and recipe: Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute