YIELD: 16 servings
16 wooden skewers
16 oz. ground lamb
¼ cup grated onion
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 Tbsps. Italian flat-leaf parsley, chopped
1 Tbsp. mint, chopped
1 tsp. red pepper flakes
¾ tsp. kosher salt
¼ tsp. black pepper
1 Tbsp. dukkah spice blend
4 oz. feta, crumbled
2 Tbsps. mint, chopped
1. Soak skewers for 30 minutes in warm water.
2. Gently combine all ingredients besides toppings, making sure they are evenly distributed.
3. Divide mixture into 16 pieces and roll into meatballs. Form each meatball around wooden skewer and flatten to form oval. Brush with oil and set aside.
4. Heat grill over medium heat and cook for 3 minutes per side.
5. Mix crumbled feta and mint and sprinkle over skewers for garnish.
Photo and recipe: University of Montana