YIELD: 8 servings
1 cup Dole Pineapple Juice
3 oz. brown sugar, packed
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
¼ tsp. vanilla extract
⅛ cup food starch*
24 oz. Dole Frozen Apple Slices, slightly thawed
8 4" circles of pizza dough
to taste cinnamon sugar
1. Place first 5 ingredients into saucepan and simmer over low heat until slightly thickened.
2. Cut apples into ½” dice.
3. Stir diced apples into mixture; let cool.
4. Place 3 oz. apple mixture into the middle of each circle; brush the rim of the dough with eggwash.
5. Fold dough over mixture to form a half moon; press to seal.
6. Bake at 450°F, 8-12 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
*Note: If planning to freeze, use modified food starch.
Photo and recipe: Dole Food Company, Inc.