3 cups quick cooking oats
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 ¾ cup whole wheat flour
2 Tbsp. baking powder
1 ½ tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. cinnamon
1 ½ cup brown sugar
1 Tbsp. vanilla
¾ cup low fat buttermilk
¾ cup canola oil
36 oz. canned, crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
6 medium bananas, diced
1. Preheat oven to 350°F
2. Spray 16-12 inch rectangle cake pan with non stick spray.
3. In large bowl, mix together eggs, sugar, vanilla, buttermilk, and oil.
4. Add all dry ingredients, stir until just moistened, do not over mix.
5. Gently fold in pineapple in juice and diced bananas.
6. Pour into cake pan and bake for 25 minutes, until knife come out clean when inserted in center.
7. Cool until just warm, cut into 30 squares.
Photo/Recipe: California Health & Longevity Institute