vegetable oil spray, as needed
1 gallon 2 cups eggs, cholesterol free, pasteurized
12 oz. onions, diced ¼"
12 oz. red peppers, diced ¼"
2 lbs. 4 oz. mushrooms, sliced
12 oz. plum tomatoes, diced ¼"
4 Tbsps. ⅛ tsp. parsley, fresh, chopped
24 small fruit cup portions
For fruit salad:
2 lbs. 4 oz. cantaloupe, diced 1"
2 lbs. 4 oz. honeydew, diced 1"
2 lbs. 4 oz. watermelon, diced 1"
2 lbs. 4 oz. red seedless grapes
1. For fruit salad: Wash all fruit, peel and deseed melons. Dice melons into 1" cubes. Combine all fruit and portion into 9 oz. cups with lids. Hold refrigerated at 40°F or below until ready to use, or up to 72 hours.
2. For fritatta: Hold eggs refrigerated at internal temp of 40°F or below or on ice at all times for use.
3. In an 8" saute pan, spray pan with non-stick cooking spray; heat to medium.
4. Add onions, peppers and mushrooms and saute 1 to 2 minutes.
5. Add tomatoes, parsley; saute 1 minute more.
6. In a separate 8" saute pan, spray pan with non-stick cooking spray, heat to medium, add 6 oz. ladle of egg. Heat slowly, lifting edge of omelet with a high-temperature rubber spatula. Tilt pan to allow liquid egg to contact pan. When eggs are cooked halfway, evenly distribute about 3½ oz. cooked vegetable mixture over top of eggs.
7. Finish cooking until eggs are set, approximately 1 to 2 more minutes. Minimum temperature should be at least 145°F. Serve immediately.
8. Place omelet, open face, onto plate. Serve with a 9 oz. serving of fruit salad.
Photo and recipe: Sodexo