YIELD: 24 servings
1 cup + 2 Tbsps. chicken broth
⅝ tsp. salt and pepper
2¼ oz. fresh eggplant, peeled and diced ⅛"
9 oz. fresh yellow onions, diced ⅛"
4½ oz. fresh celery, diced ⅛"
2¼ oz. fresh red peppers, diced ⅛"
2¼ oz. fresh green peppers, diced ⅛"
3½ oz. butter
1¾ oz. converted white rice, raw
5½ oz. all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp. + ½ tsp. curry powder
4¼ oz. Idaho potatoes, 60 or 80 CT, peeled and diced
4½ oz. Red Delicious apples, 125 CT, peeled, cored and diced
4½ oz. cantaloupe, 23 CT, peeled, seeded and diced
2¼ qt. whole milk, hot
1 pint + ¼ cup half and half, hot
2¼ oz. pulled diced white chicken meat, cooked
1. Combine 2 Tbsps. chicken broth and salt and pepper.
2. Blanch eggplant in boiling salt water for 5 minutes. Drain well.
3. In a large soup kettle, sauté onion, celery and red and green peppers in butter until tender.
4. Stir in rice evenly to coat.
5. Stir in flour and curry powder. Cook for 5 minutes; do not brown.
6. Add 1 cup of broth, eggplant, Idaho potatoes, apples and melon.
7. Stir in salt and pepper and broth mixture, milk, half and half and chicken. Heat to minimum temperature of 140°F. Do not boil. Hold hot (140°F) for service.
Note: If left over, do not reuse.
Recipe: Ken Gregg, Sodexo - American Express Headquarters