Yield: 100 cookies
7 cups raisins
1⁄3 cup unsweetened applesauce
3 cups sugar
2 cups margarine, softened
1 cup liquid eggs
1 Tbsp. vanilla
8 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup cocoa
2 tsps. baking soda
2 tsps. salt
1 lb. mini chocolate chips
1. Process raisins and applesauce until a smooth paste is formed.
2. In a large mixer bowl, combine raisin paste with sugar, margarine, eggs and vanilla; mix well.
3. Add flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; mix well.
4. Add chocolate chips, stirring just to blend chips evenly throughout the dough.
5. Using a #30 scoop, drop dough onto a parchment-lined pan. Flatten cookies gently using another sheet of parchment.
6. Bake in a conventional oven at 350°F for 13 to 15 minutes or until set.
Recipe and photo from the California Raisin Marketing Board.