YIELD: 25 servings
2 cups extra virgin olive oil
1 cup diced red pepper
1 cup fine diced shallots
1 cup fine diced garlic
4 Tbsps. fresh oregano
1 cup diced sweet onion
1 cup capers
2 cups dried diced apricots
1 cup quartered prunes
2 cups Maple Syrup
1 cup red wine vinegar
25 6-oz. chicken breasts
4 cups flour
1 lb. butter
2 cups cooking sherry
1 cup fresh chopped parsley
1. In olive oil sautè' peppers, shallots, garlic, oregano and sweet onion.
2. When peppers become translucent, add all remaining ingredients except the Chicken breasts.
3. Dredge Chicken breasts in flour, salt and pepper.
4. Sautè Chicken in a rondeau with butter until both sides are brown.
5. When both sides are brown, add 2 cups cooking sherry to pan and reduce by 1/3.
6. When reduced, shingle breasts in an ovenproof pan.
7. Top chicken with appropriate amount of sauce and bake at 325° until Chicken reaches 165° for at least 15 seconds.
8. Top chicken with fresh chopped parsley and serve.
Recipe from Marcel Holland, associate director/chef, Southwestern Vermont Health Care.