Cory Craft, supervisor
Indiana University of South Bend
Nominator: Jessica Buzza, district marketing manager, Sodexo
“Cory has been a reliable and a strong worker through thick and thin at IUSB. From early mornings to late evenings, Cory is always someone we can count on at work! She has also stepped up and has grown into a new supervisor role and is always eager to learn more. Thank you, Cory!”
Michael Fairchild, purchasing manager
Washington University in St. Louis/ Bon Appetit Management Co.
Nominator: Jessie Gentz, regional director of brand activation, Bon Appetit Management Co.
“Michael Fairchild, purchasing manager, was immediately the individual who came to mind when thinking of an unsung hero here on the Washington University in St. Louis campus.
hero [heer-oh] noun: a person noted for courageous acts or nobility of character
Mike’s “noble character” shines through the following ways…
• His heart and dedication to the WashU student community is seen through his extra time and efforts to ensure product is available to the team to support the campus needs.
• Mike is an effective team player in coordination of all dining logistics throughout the pandemic, including jumping in last minute to coordinate and execute multiple intricate graduation ceremonies.
• During this unprecedented time of COVID, Mike’s focus and support of COVID safety protocols was appreciated by his fellow workers and the WashU community.
• Mike shows resilient leadership in retail dining, as well as supporting the additional needs of quarantine and isolation meals for those impacted by COVID.
• His impact is seen beyond his position of purchasing manager, as he has supported in other positions, including utility, cook, stocking and even as a delivery driver!”