A flurry of upgrades and enhancements from dining services provider Sodexo met students starting fall classes at Marist College in Poughkeepsie, N.Y., including changes to the offerings at the school’s Murray Student Center Dining Hall, North End Dining and various retail outlets. Also added is a rotation of local food trucks to be available on campus Fridays from 10 p.m. to 1 a.m., Saturdays from 4 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. and 9 p.m. to 1:00 a.m.
New offerings at Murray now include:
- Sustainable rotisserie salmon and new chicken rotisserie flavors such as traditional, Southwest, Cajun, garlic black pepper and rosemary thyme rotated daily at the Homestyle station;
- A diabetes-friendly plant-based breakfast bar with selections like vegan scrambled tofu, smoothies and avocado toast;
- A pancake bar for dinner on Wednesdays at the Chef's Table/International station;
- Vegan ice cream, daily scones, vegan cookies and milkshakes on weekends at the Dessert/Fresh Baked Pastries station;
- New composed salads daily plus Greek yogurt and a weekend fruit bar at the Salad Bar;
- Gluten-free bread and housemade fresh focaccia bread at the Deli;
- A morning omelet bar, vegetarian sausage crumbles and gluten-free vegan lentil pasta at the Pasta station
- Calzones, gluten-free cauliflower crust pizza, dessert pizza and stromboli at the Pizza station; and
- Vegan gluten-free Beyond Burger on weekends plus house-made chips on Fridays at the Grill.
In addition, North End Dining stations now include:
- Taqueria Mexican grill;
- Wrapped, featuring on-trend, customized wraps;
- Grilled, featuring grill items including the gluten-free, vegan Beyond Burger;
- Simply to Go grab-and-go freshly made entrees;
- BYO Pizza, Smoothies and Parfaits, all customizable; and
- Limited time concepts like The Carvery traditional carving station (Nov. 3-Dec. 6) and Farmer's Field (Sept. 29-Nov. 1), featuring seasonal and local ingredients tossed together with housemade dressings.
Here’s a photo tour of some of the new offerings at Marist.