YIELD: 50 SERVINGS
52 cups honey-BBQ flavor brown rice & beans
4 lbs. frozen seasoned pork roast, fulled cooked, thawed, shredded
6 ¼ cups honey barbecue sauce, warm
25 oz. shredded cabbage slaw with carrots
25 oz. romaine lettuce, shredded
50 oz. reduced-fat ranch dressing
- Combine 3 ½ quarts hot water and contents of two seasoning packets in deep full-size steam table pan. Repeat with remaining water and seasoning packets in second deep full-size steam table pan. Stir both well to disperse seasoning in water. Add rice and beans to each pan and mix well.
- Cover each and bake in preheated 400°F conventional oven for 25 minutes or until most of the water is absorbed.
- Stir rice well; keep warm. Fluff with fork prior to portioning to obtain maximum yield.
- Heat pork according to package directions, drain off juices, and combine with warm barbecue sauce in steam pan table; keep warm.
- Just before serving, combine slaw mix, shredded romaine, and ranch dressing; toss evenly to coat.
- To assemble each rice bowl, portion 1 cup rice into bowl and top with 1 ¼ oz. barbecue glazed pork.
Photo and recipe: Uncle Ben's/Mars Foodservices