1 lb. bacon, thick cut, 12-14 cut, sliced
¼ cup brown sugar, dark brown
1 tsp. red pepper flakes
1 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
2-3 tsps. instant coffee, fine ground
1. In mixing bowl, combine sugar, pepper flakes and black pepper.
2. On parchment lined sheet tray, place bacon in single layer.
3. Evenly sprinkle sugar mixture over bacon (on side).
4. In 350°F low fan oven cook for approximately 10-15 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and evenly sprinkle coffee over bacon.
6. Continue to cook for approximately 5 minutes until crispy and brown.
Photo and recipe: National Pork Board