Food Management magazine, the leading publication for onsite noncommercial food service operations in colleges, healthcare, K-12 and B&I, has been honored by the Jesse H. Neal Awards.
The Neal Awards are the most prestigious editorial honor, recognizing excellence in business media. Food Management has been named a finalist in the category of best single issue of a tabloid/newspaper and magazine for its October 2019 issue, below.
The issue marks the highlight in Food Management’s redesign of the print product, led by creative director Sue Pearsall and editors Mike Buzalka and Tara Fitzpatrick. The goal with our redesign was—and will continue to be—to help operators do their jobs better, so we wanted to make sure the print product provided the easiest and most engaging way to do that.
Winners will be announced March 27.
To celebrate, we’re showcasing some of the content for which the Neal Awards bestowed the honor on Food Management:
- Mike Buzalka’s excellent cover story on seven ways operators are beating competition from outside foodservice operations
- Our October Innovator of the Month, Palm Beach County Schools for its renovation initiative to turn cafeterias into food court-style space to attract teens
- Tara Fitzpatrick’s mouthwatering look at fall desserts that go beyond the pumpkin spice trend
- A look at an easy way to add tamales to your menu
- Want to spice up your nachos? Turn to tot-chos.