YIELD: 16 bruschetta
½ lb. high quality canned backfin crabmeat
½ each small red, orange and green bell peppers, small dice
½ large shallot, small dice
2 large garlic cloves, minced
½ Tbsp. cilantro, chopped
¼ tsp. tsp. dried parsley leaves
½ tsp. coarse flaked sea salt
1 tsp. garlic infused oil
1 tsp. lemon juice
2/3 cup (about 4 oz.) Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
2 cups (8 oz.) Baby Swiss cheese, shredded
2 cups (8 oz.) Provolone cheese, shredded
16 1/4” thick, diagonally cut French baguette slices
1 tomato, seeded, small dice
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Line 1 or 2 large sheet pans with parchment paper.
2. Gently toss crab, bell peppers, shallot, garlic, cilantro, parsley, sea salt, oil and lemon juice in a large bowl; do not over-mix.
3. Mix 3 cheeses in large bowl. Place baguette slices on sheet pans. Spoon about 2 tbsps. crab mixture on each slice.
4. Top each slice with tomato. Heap and press cheese mixture on top.
5. Bake 5 to 7 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Photo: Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board
Recipe: Scott Anderson, Shepherd University, Shepherdstown, WV