YIELD: 25 SERVINGS
6 rutabagas, peeled, halved, cut in ¼" slices
2 turnips, peeled, cut into slices
1 parsnips, sliced
1 carrots, sliced
¼ cup brown sugar
½ cup fresh garlic, minced
¼ cup lemon juice
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
½ teas. salt
½ teas. black pepper
1. Steam all the vegetables until they are almost done. Place in a large bowl and stir in the remaining ingredients.
2. Make a classic cheese sauce.
3. Spray a steamtable pan with cooking spray and place vegetable mixture evenly in the pan.
4. Pour cheese sauce over the vegetables.
5. Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 15 minutes.
6. Sprinkle the Panko crumbs over the vegetables & sauce.
7. Cook for another 5 minutes to brown.
Recipe: Bryan Norris, district chef, Dell Dining, Georgetown, TX.