YIELD: 100 servings
13 lbs. Romaine lettuce, washed, chopped
9 lbs., 8 oz. iceberg lettuce, washed, chopped
13 lbs., 4 oz. diced tomatoes
3 lbs., 2 oz. shredded American cheese
10 lbs., 8 oz. beef crumbles (pre-cooked)
1¼ cup, plus 2 Tbsps. taco seasoning
1 qt. water
100 nacho chips
100 assorted dressing packets
1. Trim and core Romaine and iceberg lettuce. Weigh total amount needed for usage.
2. Wash and chop lettuce into bite size pieces. Mix together.
3. Weigh 3.5 oz. of lettuce mix and place into 12 oz. bowl.
4. Place #16 scoop of diced tomatoes on lettuce. Weigh shredded American cheese. Sprinkle around edges of bowl. (hold for cold service at 41°F or below).
5. Heat meat and drain well. (Batch cook in smallest amounts possible.) Add taco seasoning mix and water to meat. (heat to 165°F or higher and hold for hot service at 140°F or higher).
6. On serving line, place #16 scoop of taco meat on middle of prepared salad. (Do not pack scoop).
7. Offer with 1 pack of nacho chips. Have dressing available near the cashier.
Recipe from Cynthia Barton