YIELD: 100 meatballs
5 lbs. grass-fed ground beef, 80/20 ratio
3 large eggs
3 cups quinoa, cooked and cooled
4 oz. Parmesan cheese, fresh grated
2 oz. basil pesto
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 tsp. black pepper
2 Tbsps. kosher salt
2 qts. fortified beef stock
2 Tbsps. cornstarch
2 Tbsps. cold water
For cranberry jam:
1 lb. whole cranberries
1 medium shallot, finely diced
2 sprigs fresh thyme, chopped
4 oz. water
4 oz. sugar
1. For meatballs: Combine all meatball ingredients and mix well to incorporate. Portion mixture into 1-oz. scoops. Roll lightly into balls and coat with oil.
2. Roast meatballs at 350°F for 10-12 minutes, until starting to brown and internal temperature is 165°F.
3. For gravy: Bring stock to boil. Whisk together water and cornstarch and slowly add to beef stock to thicken.
4. Add meatballs to thickened stock and simmer 5 minutes.
5. For cranberry jam: Add cranberries, thyme and shallots to sauce pot and simmer until cranberries start to break down. Add water and sugar. Simmer slowly until sugar is dissolved and jam coats back of spoon.
6. Serve meatballs with gravy topped with a spoon of cranberry jam. (Optional: serve over pasta or rice.)