YIELD: 25 sandwiches
25 boneless/skinless chicken breasts, thawed
flour, salt and pepper for dredging
oil for frying
8 oz margarine or butter
2 cups hot sauce
1 head of lettuce, coarsely shredded
4 lb. tomatoes, sliced
5 cups blue cheese dressing
25 Kaiser rolls, sliced
- Dredge chicken breasts in the seasoned flour.
- Grill or deep fry to internal temperature of 165°F.
- Melt margarine and stir in hot sauce.
- Dip cooked chicken in margarine/hot sauce mixture.
- Place chicken in steam table pan for service. Serve or hold above 145°F.
- Per order: place one chicken breast on bottom half of sandwich roll, ladle over 1oz. of blue cheese dressing, lettuce and 2 slices tomato.
- Top with other half of roll.
- Offer additional hot sauce for the daring!
Recipe and photo from chef Todd Bogan, University of Maryland, College Park