YIELD: 12 servings
4 cups white onion, julienned
4 cups poblano chile pepper, julienned
3 cups red bell pepper, julienned
12 cloves garlic, minced
1 /2 cup olive oil
1 /4 cup butter
12 ea. banana leaves, 12-in. x
12-in. 12 (4 oz. ea.) boneless rainbow trout fillets
1 /4 cup jerk seasoning
3 /4 cup cilantro, chopped
12 ea. orange slices, unpeeled
- Saute onion, peppers and garlic in oil and butter until tender; reserve.
- Pass banana leaves through a gas flame to soften; leaves should be pliable but not burned.
- Center leaves on foil; arrange trout fillet on leaf, skin-side down.
- Season each fillet with 1 tsp. jerk seasoning; cover with 1 /2 cup onion mixture and 1 Tbsp. cilantro. Top with 1 orange slice.
- Gently fold banana leaf around fillet, completely covering. Wrap foil around leaf packet; seal.
- Per order: Bake packets at 375°F 10 minutes. Remove foil; transer leaf packet to serving plate. Fold back to expose trout.
Note: Packets may be prepared ahead and refrigerated up to 4 hours.
Recipe and photo from Clear Springs Foods, Inc.