YIELD: 1 SANDWICH
1 potato (70 count) 5 slices slab bacon 1 cup canola oil 2-3 tomato slices
2 tsp. mayonnaise (more if desired) 1 iceberg lettuce leaf
1. In a preheated 400°F oven, bake potato for 45 minutes (slightly under-done). Set aside
to cool. Cut top of potato horizontally 1∕2” thick.
2. Do the same with the bottom of the potato (save the middle for other menu items).
In frying pan, cook bacon until crispy.
3. Put on paper towel to soak up excess fat. Set aside.
4. In frying pan, heat 1 cup canola oil until approximately 375°F. Quickly fry the potato top and bottom turning once until browned. Place on paper towel to soak up excess oil.
5. Place potato slices, skin down, on working surface. Put mayonnaise on one slice. Add sliced tomato, bacon, lettuce and other potato slice.
6. Carefully slice in half with serrated knife.
Photo and recipe: Idaho Potato Commission