YIELD: 4 SERVINGS
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
¼ cup confectioners' sugar
8 slices sourdough bread, cut ¾" thick
2 cups fresh blueberries, divided
2 large eggs
1 ⅓ cups milk
2 Tbsps. brandy
2 tsps. vanilla extract
½ tsp. ground cinnamon
¼ tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1 Tbsp. butter
1. In bowl, stir together cream cheese and confectioners' sugar.
2. Spread cream cheese mixture on 4 bread slices, dividing equally. Top with 1 cups of the blueberries; cover with remaining bread slices.
3. In bowl, beat eggs until frothy; whisk in milk, brandy, vanilla, cinnamon and salt. Transfer to shallow pan.
4. In skillet, heat oil and butter over medium heat.
5. Dip both sides of each sandwich in egg mixture; place in skillet. Fry, turning once, until golden brown, about 5 minutes; keep warm in a low oven.
Recipe: Chef J.J. Kingery, Wild Eggs, Louisville, KY photo: U.S. Highbush Blueberry Council