YIELD: 24 servings
24 frozen yeast roll dough (2 oz. each)
4 oz. shallots, thinly sliced
1½ Tbsps. soybean oil
1 lb. firm tofu, diced 1/4”
3 1/2 oz. water chestnuts, drained and diced
2½ oz. fresh spinach, chopped
2 Tbsps. soy sauce
3/5 tsp. crushed red chili peppers
1. Place frozen yeast rolls in well-oiled muffin tins. Thaw and let rise at room temperature about 4 hours.
2. Stir-fry shallots in oil.
3. Stir in tofu and water chestnuts; stir-fry until thoroughly heated.
4. Add spinach, soy sauce and chiles; mix well.
5. Press centers of bread dough with thumb, leaving a large indentation in the center. Spoon 2 Tbsps. stir-fry mixture in center of dough.
6. Bake at 350°F 15 to 20 minutes or until dough is baked.
Recipe and photo: United Soybean Board