YIELD: 1 PORTION
1 large egg
¼ cup whole milk
¼ tsp. salt
pinch of ground black pepper
½ tsp. sugar
2 slices Italian bread
1 Tbsp. grainy Dijon mustard
3 oz. sliced Swiss cheese
3 oz. thinly sliced deli ham
3 oz. thinly sliced smoked turkey
¼ cup warmed raspberry jam
Powdered sugar, for sprinkling
1. Whisk together eggs, milk, salt, pepper and sugar in shallow bowl until well mixed. Set aside as egg batter.
2. Spread one side of each slice of bread with mustard. Place half of the cheese over mustard then ham and turkey on top, topping with other piece of bread spread with mustard and rest of the cheese.
3. Secure sandwich with toothpicks. Briefly dip each side of sandwich in egg batter, being careful not to let the egg mixture fully soak the bread.
4. Cook sandwich on oiled griddle until both sides are nicely browned and cheese is melted.
5. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and slice in half diagonally. Serve with a side of raspberry jam to dip.
Photo and recipe: Rich Products Food Service