YIELD: 12 servings
1 qt. béchamel sauce
1 lb. brie, trimmed and cubed
2 Tbsps. ground anise
2 lbs. ricotta cheese
6 large eggs
4 medium Bosc pears, peeled, cored, cut into ½" cubes
salt and white pepper, as needed
1 lb. (12 pieces) lasagna noodles, dry
2 oz. (½ cup) sliced almonds, toasted
1. Combine béchamel with half the brie and 1 Tbsp. anise. Heat over low heat just until brie melts. Set aside.
2. Combine ricotta, eggs, remaining brie and pears. Season with salt and white pepper.
3. Spread 4 oz. brie and béchamel mixture on bottom of half-size pan. Arrange 4 uncooked lasagna noodles on top of mixture.
4. Top noodles with ½ the ricotta and pear mixture and ⅓ of the almonds and 8 oz. of the brie and béchamel.
5. Repeat layers of noodles, remaining ricotta and ⅓ of the almonds and 8 oz. of the brie and béchamel.
6. Cover and bake at 350°F for 30-45 minutes or until noodles are al dente. Sprinkle with remaining almonds and bake uncovered 15 minutes longer or until top is golden brown. Let stand 5-10 minute before slicing.
Recipe: developed by Chef John Jefferson, Sodexo; submitted by Food Marketing Resources on behalf of the Pear Bureau Northwest Photo: Pear Bureau Northwest